Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 Reasons the Minnesota Vikings Should Trade Adrian Peterson

Now that I've got your attention, let me explain myself before you go medieval on me in the comment section below. It's not going to happen. This is purely hypothetical—NFL trades are rare, and the ongoing labor negotiations have put the world on hold anyway.

Moreover, Vikings' ownership is well aware that Adrian Peterson is the only thing standing between a full house and a sea of empty blue seats. Or maroon bleachers.

But just because it won't happen, that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. The idea of taking a step backwards is obviously discouraging, but it may be necessary to reach the ultimate goal. Believe me, I've suffered through 29 years of Vikings-induced heartache, and I want nothing more than to see my team win a Super Bowl.

There's no denying that Peterson is a class act and a transcendent talent. I'm proud to have him on my favorite team. However, this franchise is headed in the wrong direction, and the "asset" of Adrian Peterson provides the Vikings with a unique opportunity to rebuild faster than most teams in their dire situation. 

On the surface, trading one of your franchise's all-time greats is lunacy. In the next 2,000 words, I'll do my best to convince you that it's not.

Begin Slideshow

Cindy Taylor Halle Berry Catherine Bell Tessie Santiago Jessica Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment