Sunday, May 29, 2011

2011 NBA Mock Draft: Jimmer Fredette Stays Right at Home with Utah Jazz

2011 NBA Mock Draft Believes Utah Jazz Will Keep Jimmer Fredette in the Beehive State

Jimmer Fredette.  I had to get that out of the way early, because the Jazz are going to take him, even though Klay Thompson, or Jordan Hamilton would be a better fit. 

Anyone who watched Jimmer this season, had to have been in awe at some point.  Even if you only watched BYU for a few minutes, you most likely saw the Jimmer chuck one up from 25+ feet, which to me is awesome, or awful, depending on the outcome.  There is no denying Fredette can shoot the lights out, but he?ll be hard pressed to find a team willing to give him the go ahead on twenty shots a game, which, among other things (certainly his height and quickness), makes me question his ability to score in the NBA. 

Fredette may be the Tebow to this year?s NBA draft: high character, gigantic fan base, and stellar collegiate career.  I?ll admit, I love Tebow, and still think he?s going to prove all the doubters wrong, and I have to give Jimmer that same courtesy.   Let me put it this way: I wouldn?t take him with this pick if I was in the Jazz front office, but I certainly won?t sit here and bet against him having a future in the NBA. 

Quite frankly, Jimmer will sell tickets in Utah.  Stack that on top of this being a rebuilding year, I can?t see a problem with splitting time with Brandon Knight (I have the Jazz taking Knight with their first lottery pick, read more below) and Fredette and examining the possibility of Jimmer?s scoring ability carrying over from this past season.

Megan Ewing Kristanna Loken Aubrey ODay Drew Barrymore Marley Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment