Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tommie Harris bids Chicago adieu with wistful newspaper ad

Tommie Harris, the lovable Chicago Bears defensive tackle, was released by the team on Monday after seven years with the club. He'll be a free agent if such a thing exists this summer.

He said goodbye to the city of Chicago on Thursday with this newspaper ad:

Words cannot express my heartfelt appreciation for your support throughout my seven seasons with the Chicago Bears. From the moment I first stepped off the plane back in 2004, I have felt the warmth of your welcome. I have been embraced by this great city and have come to know it as my home. I consider myself as much as a Chicagoan as a Texan. You have cheered with me in our victories, and I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing your roar as I am introduced before a game! You have expressed your concern over my injuries.Thousands of you have sent letters, cards and e-mails over the years wishing me well. I will deeply miss my teammates whose camaraderie on and off the field is unmatched. I could not imagine going into battle with a better group of guys. I have met so many of you in person, and you are always so kind and friendly. I will miss each and every one of you. I could have never asked for better teammates, better fans or a better city. So, thank you, Chicago. It's been a great run!

That's a class move. In a situation like that, a guy can choose to be bitter and upset on his way out the door, or he can be thankful for his time there and look forward to the next opportunity.

Everyone's better off with the Tommie Harris approach. Some new city will be getting a solid dude.

Gracias, Chicago Breaking Sports.

Victoria Beckham Missy Peregrym Sarah Gellman Eliza Dushku Bonnie Jill Laflin

No comments:

Post a Comment