Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chris Jericho Felt Like a 'King' During Classical Night on 'Dancing With the Stars'

Filed under: ,

Exclusive: Pro wrestler Chris Jericho guest blogs about how a song saved 'Dancing With the Stars' classical-music night for him.

For the first time ever on 'Dancing With the Stars,' it was Classical Week, which meant that all the dances were performed in front of a 46-piece symphony orchestra.

When I first heard about the concept, I have to admit that I wasn't overly excited. I mean, I appreciate the Beethovens and Tchaikovskys of the world, but I didn't know how I was supposed to dance the passionate paso doble to a song that had no words or drums!

It was with great hesitation that I asked partner Cheryl Burke to play me the song to which we would be performing. But as the music unfolded, it was with great joy that I realized I knew the song and had heard it 100 times before: It was 'Hall of the Mountain King' by Savatage.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Mandy Moore Shannon Elizabeth Maggie Gyllenhaal Foxy Brown Ivana Bozilovic

No comments:

Post a Comment