Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Someone tried to start a ‘Brett Favre to the Panthers’ rumor

Let me check the calendar here. Late March? Yeah, that seems about right for a Brett Favre comeback rumor. With the league and players conspiring to take away anything else that might be fun or interesting, honestly, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Here it is, though. Charley Walters, a columnist for the St. Paul Pioneer Press, worked this into a column over the weekend:

Don't discount the possibility of Brett Favre, who turns 42 in October, returning next season, but not with the Vikings. Maybe Carolina.

Sweet! Also, I'd like to add that you shouldn't discount the possibility of Jon Kitna becoming the first pregnant man to ever start a game at quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying, if I were you, I wouldn't discount that possibility.

Anyway, Darin Gantt, the Panthers beat reporter for heraldonline.com, ran this by the Panthers.

In a word (OK, three words), that's not happening. Ran it up the flagpole early this morning, and the response was swift and sure.

Maybe somewhere. But not here.

Well, that was fun while it lasted. No word yet on Kitna's possible attempt to conceive.

Given how this offseason is shaping up, I'm not sure I wouldn't welcome another round of Brett Favre unretirement rumors. What have we got to lose? After the disastrous downward spiral of Favre's last few months in the league, what might happen next? How do you top a 6-10 season with a sub-70 quarterback rating and a penis-picture-texting scandal?

I don't know, but I say we give him a chance to try. Let's get this train wreck rollin'.

Gracias, Cat Scratch Reader.

Minki van der Westhuizen Katharine Towne Malia Jones Jennifer ODell Jenny McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment