Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chad Ochocinco and Marvin Lewis are probably breaking up

The Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to bring back head coach Marvin Lewis next season, and it's looking more and more like he'll be returning without Chad Ochocinco.

Via the good people at Sports Radio Interviews, The Ocho talked to Sporting News Radio about the prospect of playing for Lewis again in 2011.

“I have nothing to say about that. I’m not the owner of the team. My hands are out of that situation. The only thing I can remember, as of right now, about Coach Lewis, is Coach Lewis throwing me under the bus. When it was time to play the Chargers, knowing that I was hurt. That’s the only thing I can remember at this point.”

Can he play for coach Lewis next year?

“I don’t know. Honestly, I don’t know. To say some of the things that have been said in the past, for some reason, when I was especially down. When you look for support, it’s always got to come from the one higher up. For the one higher up to say the things he said, it really hurt. I don’t see myself really feeling [that].”

The bus Chad was thrown under is this one: Before the Week 16 Bengals/Chargers game, Lewis was asked how an injury-hobbled Chad was doing and he said that Chad was "being his mopey self." Chad wasn't happy about it, and he responded on Twitter (naughty language warning in effect).

Lewis made it known that if he was going to return to the Bengals in 2011, that certain changes would have to be made. He never said, of course, that The Ocho would have to be cut (which the Bengals can do without financial penalty), but one gets the sense that Lewis wouldn't mind.

He's already committed to Carson Palmer as his quarterback for 2011. He's made no such statement about Chad Ochocinco.

Kelly Carlson Sara Foster Natassia Malthe Victoria Silvstedt Hilary Swank

No comments:

Post a Comment