Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Video: Evander Kane scores one from his backside

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price probably deserves as much blame as Evander Kane deserves credit for this goal on Sunday night. That said, the Atlanta Thrashers forward stuck with this play until the end, and ended up scoring an unusual goal in Atlanta's 4-3 overtime win:

Unless the Thrashers run drills that involve scoring with your rump roast planted on the ice, those are some wicked instincts on the part of Kane.

How the AP saw it:

The 19-year-old left wing was sprawled on the ice when he swatted a rebound of Patrice Cormier's shot toward Price, who was hugging the post. Neither team realized that the shot had squeezed through the Montreal goalie until referee Marc Joanette pointed at the net, where the puck was clearly sitting over the goal line.

"I was on my back so I just kind of tried to whack it toward the net," Kane said. "I didn't hear a whistle so I didn't know what was going on. I got up and everybody was celebrating so I was happy it went in."

The Thrashers keep winning (sixth in the East, 48 points in 42 games) and the legend of Evander Kane keeps growing, as even ESPN's on the bandwagon these days.

Lucy Liu LeAnn Rimes Adrianne Curry Jennifer Gimenez Katie Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment