Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finnegan has no interest in retaliation against Johnson

The Houston Texans and Tennessee Titans renew acquaintances this Sunday, which means that Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan will once again be lined up opposite each other.

The last time that happened, the exchange was, well, less than friendly. They savagely punched each other in the face (or at least, Johnson punched Finnegan in the face).

Finnegan, taking the high road, said Wednesday that he's not interested in any payback on Johnson, and he harbors no hard feelings. From Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean:

"Regardless if I'm right or wrong," he said, "I am going to apologize to get this off my heart.''

[...]

"I am more concerned about us winning a football game than anything right now. We haven't done that in awhile, and that is one thing we need to get back to doing. Retaliation is for the birds.''

I'm glad to see that attitude. Both guys are professionals and I'm sure they were both embarrassed by what happened last time out. Let the past be the past, and be better people in the future. I salute you, gentlemen.

Now, the skeptic might be thinking, "Of course Finnegan doesn't want to fight again! He took an old-school beating last time. He doesn't want another piece of Andre Johnson."

I don't think that's what's happening here. I think both guys have learned that a fight benefits no one, and both just want to move on and play football. Expect fist pounds and hugs on Sunday.

Lori Heuring Nicole Scherzinger Jill Arrington Tami Donaldson Padma Lakshmi

No comments:

Post a Comment