Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bob Feller: More Reaction To the Hall of Fame Pitcher's Death

Bob Feller has died at 92 after a battle with leukemia and reaction has been pouring in from all around the baseball world.

"We have all lost a friend and the nation has lost an icon," former Indians manager Mike Hargrove said to the media. "Bob was always there with a word of advice or a story. The thing is that they were always relevant and helpful. I will never forget before the first game of the '97 World Series, Bob came up to me and patted me on the back and told me how proud he was of me and the team, then gave me a buckeye and said it was for luck. I don't think that Bob ever believed in luck, just hard work and an honest effort. I will miss Bob very much. He was my friend."

Feller was one of the best pitcher of his or any other generation and had some of the highest velocity baseball has ever seen. He was a great pitcher, a great American and baseball will miss his presence around the game.

Monica Potter Brittany Snow Lauren German Cindy Crawford Mariah OBrien

No comments:

Post a Comment